Date:      Tue, 13 Apr 1999 14:34:35 -0500
From:      "Jeff Vehrs" <JWVEHRS@hewitt.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Thinkpad 560 -- 2.2.6 ==> 2.2.8 or 3.1??

I finally installed 2.2.6-RELEASE on the laptop Thinkpad 560 via floppy
disks & lp0. Whew! I just updated ports - that's an easy one. Now, I'd like
to know what's the correct procedure to update 2.2.6 ==> either 2.2.8 or
3.1 via CVSup. Also, do I have to reinstall PAO after make world or
upgrade?

This is my vision of update my laptop from 2.2.6-RELEASE to 2.2.8-STABLE.

     1.  update my system via CVsup with tag=RELENG_2_2
     2.  make world
     3.  use /stand/sysinstall to reinstall PAO stuff
     4.  reboot

Will that works? Or, is there a better alternative?

Thanks.

// Jeff //