Date:      Thu, 1 Jul 2004 00:36:28 -0400
From:      James <haesu@towardex.com>
To:        sid@merlin.com.ua
Cc:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ipfw add allow ip from @access_list1  to any in

Hi Sid,

I haven't really had chance look at your actual code, but do want to let you
know that there is a recent table patch done by Ruslan Ermilov for IPFW2.
The tables patch so far works well (been using it on couple production boxes
running 4.9-STABLE), and it checks the packets against the list in a patricia
trie lookup, which is significantly faster than linear search for a firewall.

I am not sure how your @accesslist element is checked, but if it is searched in
a linear order, it's probably not going to be any different than matching using
{ a or b or c } braces, in terms of performance/efficiency.

-J