Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 2001 00:22:14 +0000
From:      j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@futuresouth.com>
Cc:        Stephen McKay <mckay@thehub.com.au>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: silly C style question

| > Use neither of these!  Use:
| >
| > if (i == 0)
| >     {
| >     foo(i);
| >     bar(i);
| >     }
|
| OK, now you've gone too far.  I'm just going to have to kill you.  Sorry
| 'bout that.
|
| But indenting the braces?!  That's a stoning offense.  I can't read it to
| save my life.  And lemme tell ya, when you get 70 or 80,000 lines of code
| with that style, and re-indent it all, it makes one hell of a cvs diff.

That's funny you say that.  I inherited a codebase from a very smart russian
programmer who indented that way.  Or something similar, I don't remember
off hand.  At first I ignored it, then I got to where I had to 'fix' at
least the code on the screen around what I was working on.  Now I have given
up.  :)  But once I fix it or write it, it becomes Allman (BSD) style C.

As far as the diffs?  Well, I let Sore-Safe take care of that.  :)
I do enjoy my petty torments.

jcm