Date:      Mon, 25 Jan 1999 12:16:30 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Peter P." <ppawlacz@UWinnipeg.ca>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   CDROM Installation Problem

Hi,

   As the subject says, I can't boot with my CDROM. I have a motherboard
that supports it, I have installed Red Hat 5.1 and Slackware 3.5 with CD's
by booting and installing. So I know the feature works, but I can't boot
and install FBSD 2.2.8.

I have AMI BIOS 05/06/1998 is the date on it, so it's fairly recent. Has
anyone experienced problems booting FBSD 2.2.8 from CDROM with this BIOS
type & date? My motherboard is a TX Pro. (Houston ?)

Also, I can't use my floppy to boot. It won't recognize it, but I can
mount and umount the floppy drive in RH 5.1. and look at the contents.
I've tried setting it up in BIOS, enabled only to boot from floppy,
disable swap feature, and enabled seek on boot. Nothing seemed to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

thank you in advance.

Peter