Date:      Mon, 26 Nov 2007 09:24:56 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@chuckr.org>
Cc:        Howard Goldstein <hg@queue.to>, freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sound documentation for the snd_hda (Nvidia)

Quoting Chuck Robey <chuckr@chuckr.org> (from Sun, 25 Nov 2007 =20
14:59:01 -0500):

> Where do the developers of the HDA code hang out, on this list?  Is the
> snd_hda the current hda driver, and if so, where's the new code going
> to be?

The current HDA driver is in -current. RELENG_7 is on par (AFAIK). =20
RELENG_6 is "close", but you are better of with RELENG_7 or HEAD. Yes =20
this is the right list, and the only developer working on the HDA =20
front and our sound infrastructure I'm aware of is Ariff (sorry to the =20
2 others which work on the envy and creative drivers, but for this =20
discussion you don't count ;-) ). He seems to be short of time ATM. =20
You could try to catch him on #freebsd-azalia on freenode.

I'm not aware of a major rewrite in the HDA part. Ariff seems to be =20
working on something else: http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/

So feel free to dig into the sound code (we wouldn't mind to get some =20
patches which document the sound system a little bit more ;-) ). I =20
think there are also some tunables (loader.conf) you could try to get =20
some "routing/quirks" tested for your soundcard. HAve a look at the =20
recent HDA mails here on multimedia@.

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
  Bender: Stay away from our women. You got metal fever, baby, metal fever!

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID =3D 72077137