Date:      Fri, 02 May 1997 14:44:12 -0600
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
To:        Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Multiple Busses, HowTo Question

>Hi Yall,
>
>I am getting to the point where I really need an answer to the question.
>
>Here is the situation:
>
>The DPT SCSi HBA has up to three busses per HBA.  It is a bit unlike the
>Adaptec or the Mylex solution in that there is really only one HBA (one set
>of registers, etc.), but the HBA has 1,2, or 3 busses.  We know how to
>detect it at initialization time and how to address them.  What we do not
>know, is how to tell FreeBSD about it.

Go look at the Adaptec driver.  Your situation is much the same as that
of the 274XT controllers (2 busses but only one HBA) and you should be
able to use the aic7xxx.c file as an example of how to properly perform
the attach.

>controller  dpt0
>
>controller  scbus0 at dpt0
>controller  scbus1 at dpt0
>controller  scbus2 at dpt0

These should be:

controller  scbus0 at dpt0 bus 0
controller  scbus1 at dpt0 bus 1
controller  scbus2 at dpt0 bus 2

"man 4 scsi" and you'll see an example for the 2742.

>What we see is that scsi_attachdevs() calls dpt0 with ALL the three busses,
>without any visible (to us) indication which bus should the request go to.

You are supposed to key off of the "adapter_bus" member of the scsi_link
structure pointed to by the scsi_xfer passed into you:

	xs->sc_link->adapter_bus

This also means that you must properly initialize the adapter_bus
member of the scsi_link structure you pass into scsi_attachdevs().

BTW Simon, you're putting out garbage at the end of your messages again...

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations