Date:      Sun, 24 Mar 2013 01:25:13 -0700
From:      Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org>
To:        Waitman Gobble <gobble.wa@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org List" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Client Authentication

On 24 March 2013, at 01:10, Waitman Gobble <gobble.wa@gmail.com> wrote:

>=20
> You might consider disabling external smtp auth service and using ssh =
tunnel to server to connect to mail. Also provide web based convenience =
service.=20

I am not convinced that a ssh tunnel is going to be easy for my users.  =
We do provide a web based mail client, but I wouldn't describe it as =
convenient.  I find it a pain in the neck, but so many users requested =
it that we provide it.  It is password authenticated but so slow it will =
never be attacked with password guessing.

>=20
> It might be interesting to encrypt mail to the user's cloud service =
that operates in a gpg zone. I think this operation could be mostly =
transparent to the user, so kids and granpamas can use it without =
concern.

This one I don't understand.  Can you provide pointers to this type of =
service?=