Date:      Mon, 24 May 2004 16:43:46 -0400
From:      "JJB" <Barbish3@adelphia.net>
To:        "Christopher Nehren" <apeiron@comcast.net>
Cc:        "Questions@BSD" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Mystery Ports

Then you must have moved up to 5.2.1 using the source buildworld
method.
If you install from the mini iso file then NFS is indeed run with
the only way to get rid of it is by recompile kernel.

SO it's NOT literally preposterous and ridiculous, you just upgraded
and did not install from scratch so you have not seen this bug.