Date:      Sat, 14 Dec 2002 05:15:22 -0500
From:      Mathew Kanner <mat@cnd.mcgill.ca>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   midi input

Hello,
	[...this is in regards to -current...]
	I've been hacking around with the es137x driver to use a
recently acquired yamaha keyboard.  I've created a midi device similar
to the csamidi device, and I can output to the keyboard using playmidi
but...
	I can do raw-input on /dev/midi0 so I know input is somewhat
working as I see 3 or found bytes that seem like key-presses, but using
rosegarden against /dev/sequencer records nothing and when I try the
raw device (/dev/midi0) it "cannot poll device".
	I'm stuck, what do we use to capture midi?  How is it supposed
to work? Since I'm writing my own driver and have no working example,
I would like to know if capturing with rosegarden works under any
circumstances in freebsd.

	Thanks,
	-Mat

--
Brain: Are you pondering what I'm pondering?
Pinky: I think so, Brain, but if we get "Sam spayed," we'll never have