Date:      Sun, 31 Aug 2003 12:35:16 +0000
From:      Alexander.Farber@t-online.de (Alexander Farber)
To:        Todd Stephens <tbstep@tampabay.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to get CUPS to work (newbie)

Is the reason maybe, that you missed to execute these commands:

newhope:alex {646} pkg_info -D cups-base-1.1.18.0_5
Information for cups-base-1.1.18.0_5:

Install notice:
NOTE FOR PACKAGE USERS ONLY:
This package does not create the spool directory, due to limitations in
the packaging mechanism, or my knowledge of it.

Once the package is installed, please do the following (as root):

        cd /var/spool
        mkdir -p cups/tmp
        chown -R root:daemon cups