Date:      Tue, 09 May 2006 10:26:06 -0400
From:      Michael Proto <mike@jellydonut.org>
To:        Brian Szymanski <ski@mediamatters.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: megamgr on 6.1?

Brian Szymanski wrote:
> Oh, duh, it's been so long since I used linux binary emulation that I
> forgot all about brandelf... Thanks Michael!
>
> ... But now that the binary is properly branded, I get a different error:
>   Error opening terminal: xterm.
> I get the same error for xterm-color, cons25, vt220, and everything else
> I've tried... (and I know for a fact that TERM=xterm works on my linux
> machines)... Any ideas?

I suspect its looking for xterm in your /compat/linux emulation
environment. I don't know if there's a linux-xterm port available (I
didn't see one), but you *might* be able to get away with hardlinking or
copying /usr/X11R6/bin/xterm to /compat/linux/usr/X11R6/bin/xterm
(assuming you have linux-XFree86-libs or linux-xorg-libs installed).

Perhaps someone better versed in X11 and Linux emulation can answer to this.

-Proto