Date:      Mon, 21 Apr 2003 10:40:52 -0700
From:      "Evan Dower" <evantd@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   linux_base fails to install

Installing (actually upgrading) the linux_base port (from 7.1_2 to 7.1_3)
fails with the following error:
filesystem-2.0.7-1.noarch.rpm
unpacking of archive failed on file /proc: cpio: chown failed - Operation
not supported
*** Error code 1
and thus the installation stops. If anybody has any idea why this is, I
would love to hear it. Also, if you want to see the full output from
portupgrade -v linux_base I wuold be happy to provide it. I am running:
$uname -a
FreeBSD lojak.washington.edu 5.0-RELEASE-p7 FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE-p7 #0: Tue
Apr 1 18:34:29 PST 2003
evantd@lojak.washington.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CUSTOM i386
Let me know if you think this should go to -ports or -current.
Thanks in advance,
Evan Dower
PS: I hope this isn't all because I built it on April Fool's Day ;-)