Date:      Sat, 8 Jan 2000 18:41:30 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        "FreeBSD" <freebsd@gtonet.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>, "freebsd-security@FreeBSD. ORG" <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: RE: load spike strangeness

:>
:
:Since when does an E-mail address require a "realname"? Only a imbecile
:(IMHO) would use their real name on an e-mail that goes out to a public
:list. I don't want people to know my real name or SSN or any other personal
:info for that matter, NOR is it required, as far as I know. If it were to
:become required, I'd prefer to "unsubscribe" than to give that info out, as
:would any other intelligent person. I suggest you check your e-mail security
:information again before babbling nonsense. My e-mail addy is a REAL addy
:not one that goes through an anonymous re-mailer and I use it so IF I start
:getting Spam I can easily rmuser it and create another to resubscribe. Do
:you also use you real full name on IRC? To quote "Mr. T": "I pity da f00!"
:
:FreeBSD
:freebsd@gtonet.net
:
:"LinSUX is only free if your time is worthless"

    It depends on whether you want people to take you seriously or not.
    Frankly, not using your real name puts you at a disadvantage right off
    the bat.

    Personally speaking, I use my real name to add to the glory of all the
    Matt Dillon's out there in the world, so people will remember the name
    after I die, and be refering to me, myself, and I!  I don't plan on going
    out as a red-shirt.

    :-)

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon