Date:      Mon, 09 Jun 1997 22:33:13 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        burton@bsampley.vip.best.com, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: overclocking

In message <199706100418.VAA00663@silvia.HIP.Berkeley.EDU> Satoshi
Asami writes:
: I'm not saying that 10ms 5,400rpm SCSI drives are not faster than JAZ,
: I'm saying that they are not much better than 11ms 5,200rpm IDE
: drives.

I agree.  I was just showing how much disk choice impacted worldstone
performance.  Much more so than overclocking did.  I got a big win
also from mounting /usr/obj async and /usr/src noatime,noasync.  I
suspect that I'd have gotten a win from having /usr/obj and /usr/src
on different spindles maybe with ccd in the mix.

Warner