Date:      Thu, 24 Aug 1995 21:24:11 -0600
From:      dkelly@iquest.com (David Kelly)
To:        questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org, PLAZAS_CHRISTIAN@mercury.csg.peachnet.edu
Subject:   Re: My 2.0.5-RELEASE SYSTEM Won't boot!! Help!!

Christian said:
>The system is a cyrix 486dx66 with an adaptec 1542/1540 ? controller

Once Upon A Time I had an Adaptec 1540, not A, not B, not C, but one that
said "1540 (space, space, space) REV.  ___" with a sticker conataining the
letter "B". It was not a 1540B, but the original 1540 with a touchup on the
PCB artwork. And it didn't work with FreeBSD or Linux, but worked fine from
DOS.

Last week I picked up a beautiful 1542CF and it works great.

--
David Kelly N4HHE,   n4hhe@amsat.org,    dkelly@iquest.com