Date:      Thu, 22 Oct 1998 15:08:01 +0200
From:      Thomas Runge <runge@egd.igd.fhg.de>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   videocapture

On http://gable.nrl.cs.uoregon.edu/~dwhite/ I found a little
C programm that claims to grab a picture from /dev/bktrX
and saves it as an jpeg. Well, it saves a jpeg, but it doesnt
contain, what I would expect. ;-)

I'm using a hauppauge card, but I think, the driver fully
supports the meteor interface on that card, doesnt it?

The program doesnt use the tuner, it just switches the input
source sets the geometry, brightness and contrast. After that
it mmaps the device and after a capture command, it reads this
memory. And there seems to be no useful data...

What did I miss? Do I have to deal with /dev/tuner as well
to get useful data out of the device?

--
Tom