Date:      Thu, 02 Dec 1999 15:14:44 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cross compilation goals.

In message <99Nov24.080748est.40328@border.alcanet.com.au> Peter Jeremy writes:
: I'm not sure that being able to FreeBSD/alpha on DEC UNIX would help
: any more than being able to build FreeBSD/alpha on FreeBSD/i386.
: (Though at the time, I gather neither worked correctly).
:
: That said, my recent attempts to install FreeBSD on a Multia would
: have be significantly simpler if I could have built netboot on
: DEC UNIX.

Yes.  It is a much harder to do a cross build on Digital unix.  I've
tried in the past and have found that there are lots and lots of
functions that are used that need a helper library which doesn't exist
on dux.  That's why I put the don't try for the non freebsd system
initially.  It complicates things quite a bit.

Warner