Date:      Tue, 06 Mar 2007 18:56:09 +0100
From:      Ivan Voras <ivoras@fer.hr>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Some Unix benchmarks for those who are interesed

--------------enig74CCD9E6CBE85E0B8E53451E

Artem Kuchin wrote:
> I used unixbenchmark for measure overall perfomance of three machines o=
> different generations and with different OS versions. See for your self=
 and
> compare results with machine cost.
> Hope this will be usefull for someone.

Several things:

a) It looks like your message was weirdly truncated - whole "rectangles"
of text are missing from the results on the right-hand-side. Maybe you
copied it through Excel?

b) I submitted a patch for unixbench than enables execl benchmark on
amd64, it should be in the ports tree by now.

c) It would be interesting for the general discussion if you could
install a recent server-like version of Linux (e.g. CentOS, SuSE,
Debian) on one of the machines you did your benchmarks on to compare
results :)