Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 2001 23:10:46 -0500
From:      Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
To:        Drew Sanford <drew@planetwe.com>, jwpauler@jwpages.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Next release

Actually it says right now on http://www.freebsd.org/releases/
that 4.3 will be available in late March.  It seems unusual that such a
precise time would be placed on the release already.  I think the date
is fairly arbitrary and is just to give people an idea.  If problems
show up in the tree around that time, I'm sure they would get fixed and
the release delayed to make sure they are fixed.  That is the beauty of
free software.  A release won't be made just because it is deemed time,
it will be made when it is a good time.
	I'm sure most on this list know all this, so most of that was for you,
Justin.

						Tim