Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 2003 20:09:12 -0500
From:      cas <xcas@cox.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.8-RC 'sockstat' bug

I was wondering if anyone fixed this yet?

uname -v:

FreeBSD 4.8-RC #0: Sun Mar 23 05:02:12 PST 2003     cas@localhost.my.domain:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC

-------------
bug:

$ sockstat
USER     COMMAND    PID   FD PROTO  LOCAL ADDRESS         FOREIGN ADDRESS
cas      sshd      6685    4 tcp4   11.22.33.44:22      11.22.33.44:1514

USER     COMMAND    PID   FD PROTO  LOCAL ADDRESS         FOREIGN ADDRESS

USER     COMMAND    PID   FD PROTO  ADDRESS
Use of uninitialized value in printf at /usr/bin/sockstat line 141.
cas      sshd      6685    3 stream
cas      sshd      6685    7 stream /tmp/ssh-Gmihw6xy/agent.6685

I'm assuming the first line here causes the problem.. because the bug doesn't show up when I use 'sockstat' as root.

contents of /etc/sysctl.conf:

kern.ps_showallprocs=0
net.inet.tcp.blackhole=2
net.inet.tcp.syncookies=0