Date:      Mon, 19 Nov 2001 16:48:31 +0100 (CET)
From:      "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        Kutulu <kutulu@kutulu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FVWM-2.4.3 wants GNOME, but I don't!

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Kutulu wrote:

:>On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 01:29:39PM +0100, Hartmann, O. wrote:
:>> Hello.
:>>
:>> I have some trouble with FBSD 4.4-STABLE (recent cvsupdate)
:>> and fvwm-2.4.3.
:>>
:>> When trying to make 'make WITH_GNOME=no install' the build
:>> process still wants to make GNOME, but I don not wish to
:>
:>The build process ignores the *value* of the WITH_* variables.  What you want is:
:>
:>make -DWITHOUT_GNOME install

All right, I'll try it ...

:>
:>> for a while, I get an error like 'error: disk table full' and
:>> 'can not fork'. I think, after tweaking around with many kernel
:>
:>You have too low of a MAXUSERS value in your kernel config.  By default, GENERIC has a maxusers value of 32, and you probably
:>should never drop below that.  It limits (among other things) the number of processes that can be running at one time.  When
:>you run out of those, make can't run the various commands it needs to run in order to build/install things.

Definitely not, sorry. I set it up to 256 and 512, but the same effect ...

:>
:>--K
:>

--
MfG
O. Hartmann

ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de
IT-Administration des Institutes fuer Physik der Atmosphaere (IPA)
Johannes Gutenberg Universitaet Mainz
Becherweg 21
55099 Mainz

Tel: +496131/3924662 (Maschinenraum)