Date:      Mon, 17 Nov 1997 22:05:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrew Webster <andrew@guardian.fortress.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Extended (8bit) chars in VI

Quick question:
Using FreeBSD 2.2.5-RELEASE, I used to be able to see 8 bit characters in
vi, but all of a sudden it no longer works, I see \xe9 instead of é.  I
can't figure out what I did to disable this.

Please reply by email as I am not subscribed to this mailing list.

Thanks,

Andrew Webster                              andrew@pubnix.net
Key fingerprint =  CF E8 16 B8 A6 DB E3 C9  83 E7 96 24 25 58 15 6E
PubNIX Montreal    Connected to the world   Branche au monde
P.O. Box 147       Cote Saint Luc, Quebec   H4V 2Y3
tel 514.990.5911   http://www.pubnix.net    fax 514.990.9443