Date:      Sat, 27 Mar 1999 00:29:32 -0800
From:      "Robert A. Bruce" <rab@pike.cdrom.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        rab@pike.cdrom.com
Subject:   Walnut Creek CDROM

I do not subscribe to this list, but I have heard that several people
have sent complaints to this list about poor customer service and/or slow
shipments from Walnut Creek CDROM.  I would like to address each of these
issues:

1. Customer service:

   If you contact Walnut Creek CDROM by phone, fax or email, and you get
   either no response, a slow response, or an unsatisfactory response,
   please send email to me at president@cdrom.com.  There is no excuse
   for delivering anything other than excellent service.  Any problem
   should be addressed promptly, within one business day at the longest.
   You should always be treated politely.  All our products are
   unconditionally guaranteed, so no one should ever tell you that you
   cannot receive a full refund or exchange.  I would greatly appreciate
   knowing about every instance where we fail to achieve these standards.

2. Slow shipments:

   The FreeBSD 3.1 CDROMs were replicated in near record time, but once
   we received them in stock, a number of mistakes were made.  Our shipping
   department didn't have enough temporary help scheduled, and they didn't
   have enough shipping boxes pre-assembled.  There were also some mixups
   left over from the transition from 2.2.8 to 3.0, because a lot of people
   wanted only one of those, so an invoice note was added to their order.
   This caused their 3.1 subscription to be kicked out for manual processing
   by our software.  This is not an excuse, just an explaination.  We have
   fixed the software, so this shouldn't be a problem in the future.  All of
   these problems combined to cause unacceptable delays.  WC-CDROM has made
   changes in our procedures and management responsibilities as a result of
   these problems, and we are committed to doing better in the future.

                   Bob Bruce
                   President, WC-CDROM