Date:      Thu, 20 Jul 1995 15:04:31 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      hm@ernie.altona.hamburg.com (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Hackers)
Subject:   174x EISA config (was: FreeBSD 2.0.5 system hangs)

>From the keyboard of Terry Lambert:
>
> In particular, Adaptec shipped all of it's 174x boards with a "3.0"
> EISA config disk, and they have a "3.1" EISA config disk that has
> better settings available in it.

Hmm - i scanned ftp.adaptec.com today, but i found nothing with a
version no of 3.1.

What i found was indeed a new set of EISA config files and overlays.

My current EISA config allows me to set the IRQ via Control-R.

The "new" ones allow me to set the IRQ in the "normal" config mode
when i have to choose standard or enhanced mode.

And - SURPRISE ! - it also allows me now to set level or edge interrupts.

What did i have with my "old" config - level or edge ?

And what are the pro's and con's of level or edge, is there a recommendation ?

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis           hm@altona.hamburg.com              Hamburg, Europe
                                              (A)bort, (R)etry, (I)nstall BSD ?