Date:      Tue, 29 Jan 2013 00:14:22 +0100
From:      "Ralf Mardorf" <ralf.mardorf@rocketmail.com>
To:        "FreeBSD quest" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   [solved] Suspend caused trouble

On Mon, 2013-01-28 at 14:43 -0700, Warren Block wrote:
> # fsck -tufs -y

Thank you, it wasn't that easy, but a hint into the right direction.

$ cat /etc/fstab
# Device                Mountpoint      FStype  Options         Dump Pass
/dev/ad4s1b             none            swap    sw              0       0
/dev/ad4s1a             /               ufs     rw              1       1
/dev/ad4s1e             /tmp            ufs     rw              2       2
/dev/ad4s1f             /usr            ufs     rw              2       2
/dev/ad4s1d             /var            ufs     rw              2       2
/dev/acd0               /cdrom          cd9660  ro,noauto       0       0
proc                    /proc           procfs  rw              0       0
#/dev/ada0s8             /mnt/dump       ext2fs  rw              0       0
#/dev/ada0s9             /mnt/archlinux  ext2fs  rw              0       0

I uncommented both ext3 file systems (they were not uncommented before ;),
restarted
and read
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=fsck&sektion=8 :
"Only partitions in /etc/fstab that are mounted ``rw'', ``rq'' or ``ro''
and that have non-zero pass number are checked."

I set them to
/dev/ada0s8             /mnt/dump       ext2fs  rw              0       2
/dev/ada0s9             /mnt/archlinux  ext2fs  rw              0       2
but they were still ignored by fsck, so I uncommented them again to finish
a startup.

A quick research leaded to

# cd /usr/ports/sysutils/e2fsprogs
# make install clean
# rehash
# fsck.ext3 /dev/*

So I switched back to
/dev/ada0s8             /mnt/dump       ext2fs  rw              0       0
/dev/ada0s9             /mnt/archlinux  ext2fs  rw              0       0
installed e2fsprogs and run

# fsck.ext3 /dev/ada0s8
e2fsck 1.42.6 (21-Sep-2012)
dump was not cleanly unmounted, check forced.
Pass 2: Checking directory structure
Pass 3: Checking directory connectivity
/lost+found not found.  Create<y>? yes
Pass 4: Checking reference counts
Pass 5: Checking group summary information

dump: ***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****
dump: 33/1646592 files (18.2% non-contiguous), 5621796/6585521 blocks

# fsck.ext3 /dev/ada0s9
e2fsck 1.42.6 (21-Sep-2012)
Superblock last write time is in the future.
	(by less than a day, probably due to the hardware clock being incorrectly
set).  Fix<y>? yes
archlinux: clean, 362815/2301952 files, 7124325/9206016 blocks

# mount -a already worked :), but I restarted to be sure that everything
is fixed and it is :).

Regards,
Ralf