Date:      28 Oct 2002 09:19:03 -0500
From:      Jess Fiorelli <jfiorelli@schwartz-pr.com>
To:        Toomas Aas <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Amanda  FreeBSD: gtar must be run as operator

At one point I tried changing it so that the amanda client ran as
operator from inetd.conf and changed ownership of all of the amanda
files to operator:amanda and also tried amanda:operator in addition to
changing the .amandahosts file to tell it to run as operator, but then
the server couldn't even connect to the client.  I think that I've got
it configured now as the port set it up originally.

Where are you setting what user amdump gets run as?

Jess