Date:      Fri, 10 Feb 1995 23:25:58 +1000 (EST)
From:      Ernie Elu <ernie@tinny.apana.org.au>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   How to keep current

Hi,
Whats the best way to update all the binaries on a working system without
overwriting all my config files in /etc?

I like to run the current version of everything so I can report any bugs
etc. So far I am grabbing the latest sources with sup but when I do a make
world it gets out of control and goes for about 12 hours and often does not
finish. I noticed an installmost option in the top level Makefile. Is this
the right thing to run after getting the latest source with sup?

Also should I be recompiling in single user mode?

- Ernie.
    Australian Public Access Network Association  - ernie@tinny.apana.org.au
                       "I ping, therefore I am."