Date:      Fri, 23 Jul 1999 12:13:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        David Schwartz <davids@webmaster.com>
Cc:        Summoner <summoner@uswest.net>, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Why We Should All Use Microsoft Software

On Fri, 23 Jul 1999, David Schwartz wrote:

> > Scary thing is, I swear I've heard an MS-addicted friend of mine say
> > almost the same things on multiple occassions.  The really funny
> > thing is he's always complaining about his machine crashing multiple
> > times each day.
> >

> 	Some people actually think that computers just "crash all the time",
> period.

	Yeah, sadly that's one of microsoft's legacies, and actually an
impression that they actively try to foster. I was explaining to my dad
that I have servers that don't reboot for months at a time, until I
update the software on them. He was flabbergasted.

	I also read a very interesting article on the impending doom in
the japanese macro economy. One of the very senior banking executives that
they interviewed said that part of the problem is that the current crop of
"young" (by japanese standards) executives have learned disturbing habits
from there experiences with computers and video games. I can't do justice
to the quote, but it was something to the effect that they have learned
that when things crash, all you have to do is hit the reset button. In
context it was quite chilling.

Doug
--
On account of being a democracy and run by the people, we are the only
nation in the world that has to keep a government four years, no matter