Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 2002 08:37:07 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ati Rage 128: Dpms suspend failes

Eric Anholt writes:
 > On Tue, 2002-10-22 at 07:37, Andrew Gallatin wrote:
<..>
 > > Do I need something special in my /etc/X11/XF86Config to make this
 > > work?  I never had problems on my old system (an alpha with a
 > > 3dlabs Permedia-2 based AGP card).
 >
 > Could you send me a
 > grep -i dpms /etc/X11/XF86Config /var/log/XFree86.0.log
 > ?

OK, I'm an idiot.  I did not have Option "DPMS" in the monior section
of my XF86Config file.  Sorry for wasting your time.

But in my own defense... should xset even let me enable DPMS if
its turned off at a lower level?  If xset had complained and not
allowed me to enable DPMS, I would have taken a harder look at
my XF86Config file..  Talk about a POLA.

Drew