Date:      Fri, 17 May 2002 06:26:31 +0400
From:      Sergey Ledenev <sergey@orl.ru>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   maxusers

Hi!

I have question about maxusers parameter in freebsd kernel. how slowly
will be machine if i set maxusers more that i'm need. (for example
maxusers 100 is enough for my, but i'm set maxusers 200. How slowly my
computer will be work and how can i see it?).

Why in man 7 tuning write: "We do not recommend going above 256 unless you
need a huge number of file descriptors"?

thanks for helping...

--
Best regards,
 Sergey                            mailto:sergey@orl.ru