Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2000 19:43:10 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Ralph Schreyer <schreyer@th.physik.uni-bonn.de>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG, Jan Conrad <conrad@th.physik.uni-bonn.de>
Subject:   Re: Graphics card on 433au

Hello Drew,

first thank you for your hints. The brute force override

  >>> set pci_device_override -1

really not works for SRM version V6.6-29. We updated to version V7.2-1 and
now the SRM console accepts the Matrox Millenium after having executed the
command above. Nevertheless, it's more clean to follow your suggestion and
execute

  >>> set pci_device_override <deviceid><vendorid>

on the SRM console. We obtained <deviceid><vendorid> from the output of

  pciconf -l

on a running machine with the same graphics card giving something like

  ... card=0x<deviceid><vendorid> ...

We did not check if this works for V6.6-29, but for V7.2-1 the
graphics card is accepted.
As a remark, in the HARDWARE.TXT there seems to be a misprint concerning
this problem, because there <deviceid> and <vendorid> are interchanged.

Best regards,

Ralph.