Date:      Wed, 14 Apr 2004 08:36:03 -0400
From:      "Thomas S. Crum - AAA Web Solution, Inc." <tscrum@aaawebsolution.com>
To:        "'Ludo Koren'" <lk@tempest.sk>
Cc:        ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: limiting bandwith

------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C421FB.8BD7CC60

I do not believe there is a way to "postpone" traffic with dummynet
other than what is available with queues, not to mention I don't think
you'd ever want to, really.  The config below will give mail a lower
priority to all of the other traffic, both in and out.

Nat interactive addresses? Hmmm... you mean you want ipfw to forward
local addresses using nat? you want to dole out local ip addresses,
dhcp? Not really sure of the question here, but I'm sure its answered by
following the link below to the freebsd handbook.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/index.html

# This is a ruleset that will give mail a lower priority to all other
packets. Pipe's are configured assuming you have a t1 Internet
connection and would like to use the bandwidth as shown. Salt to taste
from here.

# APPLIES TO INCOMING PACKETS (DOWNLOADS)
ipfw add queue 1 tcp from any to 10.1.2.0/24 25,110
ipfw queue 1 config weight 1 pipe 1 mask dst-ip 0x000000ff
ipfw add queue 2 ip from any to 10.1.2.0/24
ipfw queue 2 config weight 5 pipe 1 mask dst-ip 0x000000ff
ipfw pipe 1 config bw 1000Kbit/s

# APPLIES TO OUTGOING PACKETS (UPLOADS)
ipfw add queue 3 tcp from 10.1.2.0/24 25,110 to any
ipfw queue 3 config weight 1 pipe 2 mask src-ip 0x000000ff
ipfw add queue 4 ip from 10.1.2.0/24 to any
ipfw queue 4 config weight 5 pipe 2 mask src-ip 0x000000ff
ipfw pipe 2 config bw 500Kbit/s

Best,

Thomas S. Crum
Senior Technical Associate
tscrum@aaawebsolution.com
Toll-free: (800) 834-0626

AAA Web Solution, Inc.
11924 W Forest Hill Boulevard
Building 22 - Mailstop 200
Wellington, FL 33414 USA

Providing full-service website design, maintenance, hosting, and
marketing.
No task is too small or enterprise too large for us to help you!

----