Date:      Fri, 5 Nov 1999 11:15:18 +0100
From:      Jos Backus <Jos.Backus@nl.origin-it.com>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        Jos Backus <jbackus@plex.nl>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ftpd feature: lock file being stored

> So fstat(1) doesn't show you that the file is opened to ftpd?

No, it does indeed show that.

> You really have to lock the files to help you with this problem?

It seems a more natural solution to me than grepping for ftpd in fstat's
output regarding the file. Also, I think that approach introduces races when
you have more than one program/script polling the directory.

--
Jos Backus                          _/ _/_/_/  "Reliability means never
                                   _/ _/   _/   having to say you're sorry."