Date:      Fri, 12 Sep 2008 12:39:56 +0200
From:      Marian Hettwer <mh@kernel32.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RELENG_7 nvidia xorg hard lock

Reply to myself:

it seems, that the nvidia card isn't recognized by the nvidia kld.
xorg.log states:
(EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to initialize the NVIDIA kernel module! Please
ensure
(EE) NVIDIA(0):     that there is a supported NVIDIA GPU in this system,
and
(EE) NVIDIA(0):     that the NVIDIA device files have been created
properly.
(EE) NVIDIA(0):     Please consult the NVIDIA README for details.
(EE) NVIDIA(0):  *** Aborting ***

Wh00t? This card worked before...
nvidia0: <Unknown> on vgapci0
vgapci0: child nvidia0 requested pci_enable_busmaster
vgapci0: child nvidia0 requested pci_enable_io
nvidia0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
nvidia0: [ITHREAD]

Something is odd here...