Date:      Thu, 14 Jul 2011 19:54:20 +0200
From:      Pav Lucistnik <pav@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@missouri.edu>
Cc:        "demon@FreeBSD.org" <demon@FreeBSD.org>, "lioux@FreeBSD.org" <lioux@FreeBSD.org>, "freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org>, Jung-uk Kim <jkim@FreeBSD.org>, Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: [RFC] A trivial change for DESKTOP_ENTRIES (take 2)

--=-RVWTPaQiCSzpYe/xS0AF

Stephen Montgomery-Smith p=ED=B9e v =E8t 14. 07. 2011 v 11:57 -0500:

> entry.  I assume that the filename of the desktop entry is unimportant,=
=20

The filename of desktop entry should be 100% inconsequential, and our
only care should be not have two ports installing same file.

> and is used only internally by Gnome or whatever.

Sounds like a bug to me.

> But maybe it would have been better to have had one more entry in=20
> DESKTOP_ENTRIES that was the actual filename of the desktop entry. =20

Yes, but is it worth the effort? Note you'll have to introduce it
somehow not to break existing ports.

--=20
--=20
Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>