Date:      Thu, 15 Mar 2007 20:55:58 -0700
From:      Garrett Cooper <youshi10@u.washington.edu>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (no subject)

Robert Huff wrote:
> Vizion writes:
>
>>  I do not know about that.. If there is a refusal to keep the port
>>  in the tree then the folks at OpenOffice will HAVE to do
>>  something about it.
>
> 	They will?  Why?
> 	While there's no reason to think they want to gratuitously
> create bad feelings, FreeBSD machines are a small fraction of the
> current (and potential) user base.  They could blow off FreeBSD -
> heck, *BSD - first thing tomorrow and not notice.
> 	OpenOffice.Org is under no obligation to FreeBSD, or its users,
> whatsoever.  Of course ... if you want to step up and contribute
> patches (or pay someone to do so) then this will get corrected.
> 	Welcome to the underside of open source software.
>

> 				Robert Huff

What about the Seamonkey headers break OpenOffice though? Sheesh, the
OpenOffice people should know that it's an unsupported browser and bad
to have sitting around on a machine for security reasons (riddled with
security bugs).

Provide me with the perfunctory necessary patches and stuff, and I'll
give compiling it a go with Seamonkey's headers.

-Garrett