Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 2017 19:05:27 -0700
From:      Aleksandr Miroslav <alexmiroslav@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mfsbsd -- disk partitioning and bsdinstall usage

I like using the mfsbsd mini edition to install FreeBSD because it is
only 23MiB big. However, the included zfsinstall script doesn't seem
to partition things the way the native bsdinstall script does.

I get this:

tank
tank/root
tank/root/tmp
tank/root/var

Instead of this:

zroot
zroot/ROOT
zroot/ROOT/default
zroot/tmp
zroot/usr
zroot/usr/home
zroot/usr/ports
zroot/usr/src
zroot/var
zroot/var/audit
zroot/var/crash
zroot/var/log
zroot/var/mail
zroot/var/tmp

I can change the pool name from tank to zroot, but I don't know how to
partition like above.

I tried another way to install: boot into freebsd using the mfsbsd
iso, and then running bsdinstall, but bsdinstall always errors out.

Am I using mfsbsd wrong?