Date:      Mon, 5 Dec 2016 02:45:28 +1100 (EST)
From:      Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
To:        Patrick Mahan <mahan@mahan.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Warner Losh <imp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Looking for some direction

In freebsd-questions Digest, Vol 652, Issue 7, Message: 6
On Sat, 3 Dec 2016 14:35:22 -0800 Patrick Mahan <mahan@mahan.org> wrote:

 > I am buying an arduino board to do some hobbyist stuff in robotics and other
 > real-time control (sound, audio, etc).  I see that there are multiple arduino
 > ports in the ports tree, but I don't see a mailing list for arduino directly and
 > what I have seen via google-fu seems to be a few years out of date.
 >
 > Is there a group of tinkers inside the FreeBSD community who are currently
 > playing with the latest arduino platforms?

As Polytropon suggested, you might ask in freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org
where some Atmel-savvy people lurk, though I've not noticed Arduinos
mentioned for some time.  Warner (cc'd) will surely be up to date.

Just asking the search box atop www.freebsd.org 'arduino' returns quite
a lot including from forums, but as you say, nothing looks that recent.

I had some really great fun writing a pair of cooperating gadgets with
16MHz ATtiny45s using devel/avra, that never made it as far as silicon,
but wow, nearly 10 years ago .. so ATmega64 is Really Big Iron to me :)

cheers, Ian