Date:      Mon, 25 Jan 1999 13:20:34 -0500 (EST)
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
To:        Nesi Unanaowo <nesi_unanaowo@net.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: ATI XPERT@PLAY 8MB AGP VIDEO CARD Problem

You need to change from the default window manager (twm) to something else.
I don't know what the default windom manager RedHat uses.  I like icewm, but
many use afterstep or fvwm.

It has nothing to do with your card, or XFree86.

Patrick

On 25-Jan-99 Nesi Unanaowo wrote:
> Hi,
>     I have just installed FreeBSD 3.0 from the Walnut Creek CD distro.
> But
> my XPERT@Play AGP Video card does not seem to function properly.
> The version of Xfree (3.3.2) is same as the version on Redhat Linux 5.2
> which
> seems to recognise this video card properly. Even though there is no
> error message
> when starting X the resulting X display has very minimal functionality.
> I can't resize
> the windows, can't create more xterms and there are no menus.
> Is there something i have to do to get his card to work properly in
> FreeBSD?
> I tried using the same XF86Config that works fine with Redhat 5.2 but
> had the
> same result.
> TIA
> Nesi

---
Patrick S. Gardella                    Director of Web Development
The Creative Group    1-800-804-0783 ext 29     606-858-8029 (fax)
http://www.cre8tivegroup.com                 PGP Key ID 0xEE2D47A9