Date:      Thu, 27 Jun 2013 11:29:19 -0500
From:      Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists@tx.rr.com>
To:        Freebsd Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Why doesn't this work?

echo "Testing, testing, testing" |/usr/bin/tee -a /var/log/httpd-access.log
|/usr/bin/logger -t base_http_access /var/log/testing.log

This writes to the httpd-access.log but does not write to
/var/log/testing.log.  I'm probably reading the man page incorrectly, but I
thought this should work.  For some reason absolutely nothing is being
passed from tee to logger.

What am I missing?

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst