Date:      Thu, 11 Jul 1996 13:14:26 +0900
From:      hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp (HOSOKAWA Tatsumi)
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org, hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: To Asian FreeBSD hackers: Japanese boot.flp is now available!

In article <4399.837015342@time.cdrom.com>
jkh@time.cdrom.com writes:

>> How long would it take you to do that, seriously?

About ten days.

>> If you started with
>> a fresh 2.1-STABLE tree today, you'd have essentially the same
>> sysinstall bits (and docs) I intend to put on the 2.1.5 CD this
>> Friday, and I don't expect that'd be any more difficult to retrofit in
>> than your 2.2 work since I'm using the same sysinstall sources in both
>> branches.  If I could get a Japanese installation boot floppy on
>> there, I might even wait a day or two past friday. :-)

There's one point I worry about.  The Kanji console (kon) is ported
from Linux, and this console is GPL'ed.  I hope it is not the problem
because libdialog is in /usr/src/gnu, but I'm worry about this point.

We're planning to write original I18N console as the extention of
syscons, but it can't be done in a few days of course :-).

--
	HOSOKAWA, Tatsumi              E-mail: hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp
	  WWW homepage: http://www.mt.cs.keio.ac.jp/person/hosokawa.html