Date:      Wed, 30 Jan 2013 11:54:51 -0600
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Efra=EDn_D=E9ctor?= <efraindector@motumweb.com>
To:        "Kubilay Kocak" <koobs.freebsd@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: About kern.ipc.somaxconn and netstat

-----Mensaje original-----
From: Kubilay Kocak
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 3:25 AM
To: Efraín Déctor
Cc: freebsd-stable@freebsd.org

On 30/01/2013 12:26 PM, Efraín Déctor wrote:
> Hello.
>
> We have a webserver using FreeBSD, we read about tunning
> kern.ipc.somaxconn
> (http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/configtuning-kernel-limits.html)
> so the OS can handle all the connections. Is there a way to know how many
> connections are established in a certain moment?. I know about netstat(1)
> but is there any other command that we can use to know the exact amount of
> how many connections are established?.
>

> Thanks in advance.

This one might help:

kern.ipc.numopensockets: Number of open sockets

It's usefulness will depend on the granularity you require (in only, out
only, established only, etc) but it's always represented system-wide
resource consumption very well (matching observed workloads - <some
baseline value>)

--
Ta,

Koobs

Thank you, it is very helpfull, using kern.ipc.numopensockets with
sockstat(1) and netstat(1) will give me a clue to tune kern.ipc.somaxconn

Thank you all.