Date:      Mon, 8 Jan 2007 13:36:23 -0600
From:      James Riendeau <jtriende@wisc.edu>
To:        juan13@sbcglobal.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd-questions Digest, Vol 159, Issue 43

Run sysinstall as root (sudo sysinstall).  Select Configure.  Select
Startup.  Check the box next to Linux (you will have to scroll
down).  Hit OK.  If prompted to install Linux compatible binaries,
select the affirmative response (yes or continue).  The install
should modify your /ect/fstab file to include a line that looks like:

linprocfs			/compat/linux/proc		linprocfs		rw		0		0

It may not look exactly like that, but something close.  When you ran
the install, it should have asked you if you wanted to install Linux
binary compatibility and you selected no.  This is usually a bad idea
unless you know you won't run any software written for the linux kernel.

James Riendeau
MMI Computer Support Technician
1300 University Ave
Rm. 436, Dept. of MedMicro