Date:      Thu, 07 Oct 1999 15:40:19 +0930 (CST)
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: modules: how to use?

On 07-Oct-99 The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>  Looking in /modules, I saw 'procfs', so, cool, a place to start...remove
>  "options PROCFS" from kernel config, rebuild, install and reboot ...
>  so, I figure that I somehow have to tell the kernel to load that module?

Well its a kld.. You don't have to reboot..
Since its a VFS module mount will load it automatically anyway..

Maybe a better place to start would be linux emulation.. The 'linux' shell
script basically does a kldload linux

Have a look at /boot/defaults/loader.conf for stuff you can load as a module
before the kernel is executed.

---
are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum