Date:      Sat, 27 Nov 1999 20:14:40 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Vladimir N. Silyaev" <vsilyaev@mindspring.com>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "Vladimir N. Silyaev" <vsilyaev@mindspring.com>, emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ANNOUNCE: VMware 1.1 for Linux on the FreeBSD

> Cool, thanks!  Next step will be to work out how we can either fix their
> wizard or tweak the setup so that it's not offered as an option.

I think, currently we are have a much more important leaks.
  - virtual networking
  - fullscreen mode
  - floppy disk detection
  - serial ports
  - support for other hardware: parallel port, sound card

> Is the
> wizard tool the script itself, or a binary application?
>
> Sorry for the trivial questions - you've been through all this and I
> haven't yet.

It's really easy question:
> du /usr/local/lib/vmware/bin/vmware-wizard
1160    /usr/local/lib/vmware/bin/vmware-wizard
> size /usr/local/lib/vmware/bin/vmware-wizard
 782319   45040   75452  902811   dc69b /usr/local/lib/vmware/bin/vmware-wizard
> file /usr/local/lib/vmware/bin/vmware-wizard
/usr/local/lib/vmware/bin/vmware-wizard: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386,
 version 1, dynamically linked, not stripped

But I believe that application size explainable by statically linked Motif.

Vladimir Silyaev.