Date:      Mon, 17 Jul 2000 15:18:35 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        Richard Stanaford <rsstan@yahoo.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bioscall.s

Richard Stanaford wrote:

> --- "Chris D. Faulhaber" <cdf.lists@fxp.org> wrote:
> > On Mon, 17 Jul 2000, Richard Stanaford wrote:
>
> > Once again, see the 20000706 and "To build a kernel" entries in
> > UPDATING.  It doesn't get much clearer that that.
>
> As I indicated in a separate message.  The kernel build fails after a CVSup and
> successful buildworld.  The method used was buildkernel KERNEL="NOVA".  In
> terms of "clarity," perhaps something was missed.

You need a config file called NOVA.

> I have not seen anything of consequence to binutils committed to STABLE within
> the last two days, however it is possible something got trashed during my last
> update or the src tree was somehow fluxed.  I understand that fetch.c was
> missing a couple days ago.

There were many going back to 7/7 when O'Brien updated them. See
dwarf1.c won't build and **HEADS UP** for the earliest ones.

> Upon the advice of John Baldwin I'll try another CVSup tonight.  My
> appreciation to him for taking the time to offer a helpful suggestion and not
> just point out a deficiency in procedure.

I finish doing a buildworld, buildkernel, installkernel, installworld
a short time ago. I am running that system right now. It was cvsuped
around 1900GMT (12 noon PDT). FWIW, it still says 4.1-RC.

Kent

> -Richard

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kbstew99@hotmail.com

Bomber dropping fire retardant in front of Hanford Wild fire.
http://www.3-cities.com/~kstewart/bomber.jpg