Date:      Sat, 24 Feb 1996 14:16:11 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee (Narvi)
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3COM 509 NICs

It seems that Narvi said:
> 	only one who has used FreeBSD round here, he asked me. So, can
> 	anyone point out any troubles I will immedeately fall into? Will

It'd be better  to use the -CURRENT  driver. It does  support multicast and
has a number of fixes.

> 	the 3COM cards give any performance gains over NE2000 compatibles
> 	(there is that unresolved reference to buggyness)?

They will be faster than the NE2000.

The reference should probably go away in the FAQ.
--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.frmug.fr.net
   FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #1: Tue Feb 20 01:16:51 MET 1996