Date:      Mon, 16 Mar 2015 11:12:32 -0700
From:      Waitman Gobble <gobble.wa@gmail.com>
To:        Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org" <freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: register HID with SDP error

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 10:42 AM, Maksim Yevmenkin
<maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>> I cleaned some things up in the sdpd and pushed to github, also added
>> a simple example here:
>>
>> https://github.com/waitman/hid_sppd
>
> again, i does not look correct to me. please read all my previous
> emails. i assume you are trying to implement device side, i.e. your
> freebsd machine is going to act as hid device of some sort. am i
> correct?
>
>> if anyone is looking to run HID host services on their FreeBSD
>> machine, it's maybe a starting point.
>
> it would be, but it needs to be fixed first :)
>
>> ALSO, I don't see "Service Name" in the output of sdpcontrol.. is this
>> as intended?
>
> did you provide service name attribute?
>
>> and i don't see sdpcontrol listing the channel (if using rfcomm) or
>> PSM (hid). Maybe it's not so important.
>
> again, did you provide those attributes? rfcomm has nothing to do with
> bluetooth hid. bluetooth hid runs over l2cap. in fact it uses two
> l2cap psm: one for control channel and other for data (aka interrupt).
> bluetooth hid is modeled after usb hid, i.e. l2cap control channel is
> effectively usb control transfer, and, l2cap interrupt channel is
> effectively usb interrupt transfer.
>
> the rest, i.e. hid device descriptor, etc. etc. (that, again, comes
> from usb world) has to be provided (by device) via appropriate sdp
> attributes.
>
> thanks
> max

Hi,

Thanks for your replies and helpful information. I think I did pull
out the rfcomm protocol in hid.c, and advertise l2cap. But it's
obviously not 100% working..

basically what I need to do is have my FreeBSD box announce that it's
a keyboard, then send strings from the box such as "012345" that
appear on the client as if they were typed.

Thank you,

--
Waitman Gobble
Los Altos California USA