Date:      Thu, 23 Sep 1999 21:45:21 -0700
From:      The Mad Scientist <madscientist@thegrid.net>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Secure gateway to intranet

All,
	I am looking for a secure way to log into a machine on an intranet.
Here's what I have in mind.
	A user ssh-es to a machine on the boarder network.  Her shell is a
script/program that asks for a name of an internal machine, then ssh-es to
that machine after an authentication. This way, I could only open the
border and internal routers up to that machine and a proxy server and I
could have a log of who goes where.  I'd also like to be able to set up
some kind of acl in the proggie/script that dictates which users can go to
which machines.  For authentication, a username/pass will do for now, but
later I'd like to expand it to some kind of one time card.  Some kind of
transparent secure file transfer would also be great.
	Now, here's what I am interested in knowing.  What would be a simple and
secure way to implement this.  (I was thinking of perl)  What sort of
things should I be wary of when setting this up?  Is this even advisable?  ^_^
Thanks in advance,
-Dean