Date:      Wed, 19 Aug 2020 09:09:09 +0200
From:      Ralf Mardorf <ralf-mardorf@riseup.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to build a package from local source keeping all the original used (gnu autotools) build options !??

On Wed, 19 Aug 2020 08:07:15 +0200, louis.forums@xs4all.nl wrote:
>Yep I am using outlook =F0=9F=98=8A doing ..... clever things ...... Not o=
nly
>outlook by the way ..... no idea what this forum mailing system is
>doing, but the layout of the mail here is ..... terrible ..... not at
>all the intended layout !!

It's probably caused by a bad structure of a sentence done by you in
the first place, in combination with a "smart" character replacement,
when rendering the email for sending, without providing a preview of the
rendered email before sending, done by Outlook. Some of the replacement
chars are obviously even not included by the UTF-8 charset. They likely
require a specific Microsoft font. I've never seen that the software
(mailman 2) and it's settings used by this mailing list have changed
the formatting or characters.

For example, "......" probably was replaced by "=E2=80=A6=E2=80=A6", while =
"....."
              123123                                        12312
wasn't replaced.